Contributing to an idea or vision larger than ourselves is satisfying. At Phoenix Rising, we have plenty of opportunities to share your energy and enthusiasm in ways that support our staff and students.
Here are some of the main focus areas that consistently require volunteers:
- Events Fundraising events at PRS are unique, entertaining and memorable. Some of them also require a small army of volunteers. Recurring annual events include our Puget Sound Cruise (winter), Art Auction (June) Phoenix Day Spa (May) and Holiday Feast (December). To find out how you can help, contact our office.
- Grounds Beautification Our campus requires constant care and upkeep, especially after major storms.
- School Garden Every class from our Early Explorers, age three, to our twelve-year-old intermediate students participates in tending and harvesting the school garden. Extra hands are also welcome, especially when they come with gardening expertise.
- Classroom Assistance Our facilitators welcome parent and/or community help in working with small groups of children or assisting individual students.
- Administration All of our administrative staff also spends time in the classroom, which means that our desk loads can get very full. We appreciate support with administrative tasks such as answering phones, managing paperwork and more.
- Special Projects From building projects to school plays, we always have something cooking at Phoenix Rising. In some cases, a particular expertise may be called for while in others, anyone can help.
Volunteer Opportunities: Classroom Assistant, Campus and Grounds beautification, fundraising, event planning, helping in the school garden, recess monitoring.
If you’re interested in volunteering or offering a workshop to PRS students, Click Here for the Workshop Proposal Form and contact Jessica Caldwell at jessica @thephoenixrisingschool.org or call the office at 360.446.1500. Click Here for the Volunteer Application